ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shamrock O’Fallon is a privately owned business delivering high quality pharmacy products, such as labels, pharmacy bags, pill cards, and other related products to the healthcare segment. The company is a leading supplier of value-added products to our customers, especially Pharmacies.
Starting at $18.00 per hour
Positions available on 2nd and 3rd shifts. Shift differentials: 2nd +1.50/hour and 3rd +$3.00/hour
The Slitter/Rewinder is responsible for operating rewinding machines to rewind labels to specific customer instructions on a roll ready for shipping.
- Responsible for reading and understanding job jacket and work instruction information pertaining to a production order before running.
- Set up rewind table / slitter machine to rewind / cut specific counts per customer order.
- Run orders, fills out back of job jacket and boxes order, stacks on cart.
- Check rolls while running for misprinting
- Cut out “bad” labels and splices rolls.
- Clean rewind table or slitter machine as needed.
- Operate slitter machine, rewind table, catch, or shrink wrap
- Must be able to accurately operate a high-speed machine to cut, count and wind rolls to customer specifications.
- Ability to use work instructions and job jacket information to determine quantity of chipboard, cores, and sizes required for production job.
- Assist on shrink wrap, making boxes or assigned duties when needed.
- Responsible for removing labels that are wrinkled, out of register, or have other defects prior to labels being boxed.
- Responsible for inspecting all finished rolls.
- Ability to ensure the correct labels are placed in the correct box without mixing up labels in box.
- Ability to understand and follow all customer specifications and SOP’s for production jobs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions.
- Mathematical, measurement calculations and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Strong initiative, problem-solving, and resourcefulness.
- Must be able to lift 30+ pounds
- Sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Immediate PTO accrual – no waiting period on usage
- 10 paid holidays – No waiting period
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance bonuses
- 401k and employer matching
- Optional overtime and opportunities for gift cards
- Monthly company-sponsored events
- Temperature controlled environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Drug Package, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Drug Package, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.